There are many different ways you can use the Flapit services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by using Flapit and related services, we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant search results and advertisement, to help you connect with people or to make sharing and social networking with others quicker, easier and/ or different. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including access and update information.
Notice: The Policy is kept clear and simple, but if you are not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, please study them before. Your privacy matters to Flapit please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions consult this page.
Information is collected in order to provide better services and enhanced experiences for all our users, include, but is not limited to, for example the language spoken to more complex things like which advertisements and news you find most interesting, useful or the people/ news you feel for most online.
We collect information in two ways:
Information you give us. For example, while using Flapit, you may be activating options, features or services. When you do, you can be giving personal information like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible profile, account, which may include your name and other information.
Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that has a connection or uses our news, advertising or information services or you view and interact with our advertisements and content. This information includes:
Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Flapit may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Flapit Account.
Log information When you use our services or view content provided by Flapit, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls
- Internet protocol addresses
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Flapit Account.
Location information When you use a location-enabled Flapit service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Unique application numbers Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Flapit when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
Local storage We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use information collected
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve for them, to develop new ones, and to protect Flapit and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your Flapit Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Flapit Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Flapit Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Flapit Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact Flapit, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. Possibly combining personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Flapit services – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know.
Flapit processes personal information on servers in several countries hence your personal information may be processed on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Control certain information which is connected to your browser
- Control certain ways in which your browser sees content provided
- Edit and see your own preferences, which will relate to ads you see
- Give Flapit information on what ads you wish to see and which not;
- Set the browser to block others cookies, except cookies related with our services
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, search engines may index it.
Accessing and updating your personal information
In general we strive to provide you with options to accessing and updating your personal information. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We may share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside for the benefit of better services and increased revenues, unless you specifically state that we do not have your consent to do so, which you may wish to do for example if sharing any sensitive personal information.
Notice that Domain administrators and resellers who provide user support to your organization may have access to your information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For legal reasons we may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Flapit if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Flapit, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share information with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Flapit and our users from unauthorized access and from service and web content providers of pushing their own advertising on you and/ or to do unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold, and or on how you have wished to view the content. In particular:
- We may encrypt many of our services
- We offer add blocker browsing features
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.